Academy of Makeup COVID-19 Response
During this time of uncertainty, our priority is the safety, health and wellbeing of our students, staff and families.
As our Academy of Makeup (“AOM”) family focuses on community, connection and creativity throughout the COVID 19 changes, we have developed a strong and student-driven contingency plan for our current and future students.
To date, we have not been informed of any confirmed coronavirus case at any AOM campus.
We are keeping up to date with, and following directions and advice from, the Australian and State Governments. We will continue to keep our students and staff updated as and when we receive new information and if our position changes.
Measures we have implemented
- We’ve launched our Diploma of Screen and Media to the amazing world of online learning. All current students are accessing their studies via our Live Video Broadcasting studio, where they tune into live classes and can ask Trainers questions live and real-time.
- Our state of the art broadcasting studio is creating video demonstrations of every single subject/technique we teach in the Diploma of Screen and Media. This footage will continue to be available to all students, both now and in the future.
- We’ve also re-arranged class timetables, bringing all theory and non-practical work forward, as it’s more easily completed by students off-site than practical work. Prac work will be completed when we return to campus classes again.
- While we have suspended or cancelled classes on campus, in some campuses, small groups of students are permitted to attend class on campus instead of watching our live video broadcasting.
- Our open days and campus tours for prospective students are postponed, but we do have interactive Virtual Tours available, where you can see the campus, talk to your Trainers and our Course Advisor as you plan your future enrolment.
- No staff are doing any inter-state travel.
- We have increased onsite cleaning and promotion of good hygiene.
- All staff and students are required to adhere to and practice social distancing principles.
- Students are now required to include face masks and a face shield in their Tools/Equipment Kit, as a regular and ongoing requirement.
- All students and staff are temperature checked before entry to campus.
- Campus staff/Trainers have undertaken accredited Infection Control courses, to increase their ability to identify, manage and control infection hazards and risks.
- All campuses have a clearly documented COVID SAFE Plan in place, and staff are ready for swift action if needed.
- We have supported staff to work remotely so they can continue AOM student services and communications.
- Our AOM operations, such as enrolment into upcoming classes for future students are still available and continuing.
Currently, we remain open and operational and will continue to do so unless we receive specific instructions from the Australian Government otherwise.
For those unfamiliar with the amazing campus facilities housed at our Melbourne, Brisbane and Sydney campuses, we are blessed to have such large and spacious campus facilities/spaces. This allows our trainers, students and staff to easily observe social distancing principles.
Our very passionate and dedicated Makeup Artistry Trainers are developing alongside us to deliver you a world-class education and they are responsible for ensuring that all Academy of Makeup students are the next generation of Australia’s successful Makeup Artists. The AOM is home to many of the best and most creative Makeup Artists within the industry and we are ready to launch your Makeup Artistry career by 2021!
Despite our current circumstances, now is the time to invest in yourself and your future. Our focus right now, and our commitment to you, is to help kick start your artistry studies in preparation for a highly booked season in Makeup Artistry in 2021!
Academy of Makeup Student Goals:
- Connect you with extraordinary people during extraordinary times
- Offer you a deeply enriched student experience
- Invite you into our amazing world of face to face artistry training and support
- Introduce you to our highly anticipated integrated online learning classes (allowing you to watch back classes at any time). No other makeup school will offer online video training to the same level and quality that we do.
- During and after COVID, we commit to continue to support all students learning needs. Where possible, we will offer flexible course delivery, including additional tuition assistance, online resources or additional free sessions to make up for days missed by students who were prevented from attending class. We will endeavour to ensure no student is disadvantaged.
You can help us by doing the following:
- Continue to follow good hygiene practices and wash hands if you attend campus.
- Adhere to social distancing principles.
- Keep up to date with information that we send you.
- If you are diagnosed with coronavirus, voluntarily let us know by emailing email@example.com
- If you are feeling unwell seek medical advice and let your Head trainer know.
- Continue attending our live video broadcasting live stream classes! Don’t put your future on hold. We will offer catch up classes as needed, but the more online training you can do, the less catch up you’ll need later, allowing you to continue your studies.
- Most importantly, stay passionate about makeup and take care of yourself!
- Download the Coronavirus Australia Government app from the Apple App Store, or Google Play.
- Join the Government’s WatsApp channel.
- Department of Health
- Department of Education, Skills and Employment